This is what I bring to the table.
I’m passionate about doing good and it is my personal mission to help every individual and organization integrate good into their work. While I have worked in the non-profit sector for 15 years, I see amazing opportunity for corporations to become leaders in social and environmental change.
I’ve worked on diverse and complex issues around the world:
- Therapeutic programming for youth who have been abused in Canada
- Creating economic opportunity for women with HIV/AIDS in Rwanda
- Education reform in sub-Saharan Africa and Canada
- Economic reform for Canada’s urban First Nations
- Human rights journalism in sub-Saharan Africa
- Community conservation in west and east Africa
- Maternal, newborn and child health in the Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Digital citizenship in the Middle-East
I’ve designed and delivered training for professionals to bring good into their work:
- Canadian journalists and publishers on being a human rights journalism trainer in sub-Saharan Africa (Journalists for Human Rights).
- Canadian professors and instructors at faculties of education on rights-based approaches to education in teacher training programs (UNICEF).
- Canadian principals and teachers on whole school programs that integrate children’s rights into policy, curriculum, teaching practices and administrative decision-making (UNICEF).
- Canadian and African educators on bringing education for sustainable development into their practice (Jane Goodall Institute).
I am a visionary who gets numbers and processes:
- Managed multi-million dollar grants at the University of Toronto and the Jane Goodall Institute.
- Managed complex procurement processes and contract negotiations at the University of Toronto.
- Assisted in the design of the National University of Rwanda’s five-year strategic plan using the Balance Scorecard System.
- Redesigned the long-term strategy, staff training, evaluation metrics and business processes for the Jane Goodall Institute's educational programs.
I am entrepreneurial at heart:
- From the waterproof shower whiteboard that is connected to your mobile phone (you can have that) to gaming apps that teach youth about the economic, social and environmental impacts of a decision- I am creative in generating ideas to solve problems.